3 Healthy Recipes for Refreshing Summer Snacks
Ice Cream Sandwiches as Refreshing Summer Snacks
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- Slice the bananas and then freeze them overnight. Then blend them in a food processor until they attain a creamy consistency.
- Grind the oatmeal into flour with a food processor, then mix it with part of the bananas to make a dough.
- Divide the dough into four round, biscuit-sized pieces and place them in a greased baking tin.
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Allow them to cool, and then put the frozen banana mixture onto a biscuit and cover this with another biscuit – now your healthy, home-made ice cream sandwich is ready to eat as a refreshing summer snack.
Nutritious Strawberry-Lemon Ice Lolly
- 500 g fresh strawberries
- 2 cups unsweetened lemonade
- Stevia or other natural sweetener to taste
Preparing the snack:
- Mix all the ingredients briefly in a food processor – but no longer than ten seconds, so that the strawberries are still in pieces.
- Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds.
- Put these in the freezer compartment until the healthy and refreshing, home-made snack is ready to serve.
Summer Brochettes: Fresh Fruit Satay
- Satay Sticks
- Water melon
- Green grapes
Preparing the healthy snack recipe:
The fruits in this recipe are simply suggestions, as their colors combine particularly well – you can vary everything to suit your taste exactly.
- Put the fruit in the fridge, so that the satays can be served really cold.
- Wash all the ingredients well and dice them into small pieces.
- Now skewer the chilled pieces of fruit on the satay sticks – use the larger pieces last, such as whole grapes, as they won’t fall off so easily, and they hold the fruit skewer together well – now your healthy, home-made snack is ready to eat!