QUICK AND TASTY DINNER
Not all healthy dinner meals need to involve special preparation, chef-level skills and 2 hours of cooking time. Our ideas for a quick and tasty dinner meal proves that you can cook a great dinner in the flashes of flashes and has only about 325 kcal.
For better quality, we suggest to cook this meal in a wok, an Asian-style pan, not only because of its high heat retention that allows us to use less cooking oil but also because its high sides allows more food to cook, diminishing the quantity of cooking oil soaked in the food. Its shape also make it easier for the food to be evenly cooked.
To prepare this meal all you need is 20-25 min and the following ingredients:
- a small zucchini
- half an onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- half a chicken breast with seasoning according to taste
- 2 table spoons of soy sauce
- 1 egg
Pour soy sauce into the wok, and "stir fry" the chicken. When it is fried to a nice golden color put it aside. Next put in all your vegetables, after cutting them in julienne or in small cubes. Allow them to fry for about 5 minutes or by the time they are soft, add the chicken and some more soy sauce. After about 2 minutes add one egg to get it all together. Mix your dish for a minute and serve hot. Enjoy!
There is a reason why we suggest that you should use these vegetables in the mix, however feel free to try some other seasonal vegetables, we also suggest adding some seeds or nuts, according to taste.
- Onion is used in the prevention and treatment of various diseases such as: coronary heart disease, cancer, obesity, hypercholesterolemia, diabetes type 2.
- Zucchini has a very low calories content and antioxidant properties. It’s a very good source of potassium, vitamin A and C. It also helps in prevention of heart attack.
- Red pepper is a great source of vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- Chicken breast has a great variety of vitamins B-complex group, is important for our cellular metabolism, and provides proteins and enzymes allied to a smaller amount of saturated fat and cholesterol than in other types of meat.
- Egg is a good source of many vitamins, mainly A, D, K, B2, B12 and folic acid and of minerals – selenium, zinc, and phosphorous.
- Soya sauce it’s not only low in calories but also a good source of vitamin B3, iron, phosphorous and manganese, and it has free amino acids. But be aware of its high sodium content.
Therefore, because of the high fiber and protein content, our perfect dinner dish keeps you full for longer. It provides your body with vital vitamins and minerals. Due to choice of ingredients and the cooking method, it can be a low calories dish, with minimum addition of cooking oil and salt (this last one as a result of using the soy sauce), so make sure you do not over-salt.
For more ideas and healthy eating tips check our experts advice.
Holmes Place Portugal