Train with your pet
Long working hours and everyday chores usually make us neglect our little friends, our pets. Have you ever thought of exercising and at the same time spending quality moments with your pet? Running, cycling or doing other fitness activities with your pet is a great way to exercise and also helps you bond with the animal.
What are the benefits?
- Increase of your average daily exercise time, in a fun way and in good company!
- More opportunities to socialize and meet new people! Pet owners tend to talk to each other, exchanging views on their pets.
- Improved health and overall fitness levels for you and your pet.
- Aleviation of stress and decreased chance of suffering from depression, as studies have shown that the more time we spend with animals, the better we feel psychologically.
- Make sure your pet doesn’t have an orthopedic problems or other health problem that can be aggrevated by exercise.
- The pet should not be too young, ie not less than 6-12 months, because at this age its growth is not yet complete and its bones are still brittle.
- Make sure that you both hydrate during exercise, because some animals, especially those with dense fur, tend to dehydrate quickly.
So, what are you waiting for? Get up and go out for a run, but don’t forget to invite your favorite training buddy… your pet! For any additional advice, contact our training professionals.
Holmes Place Glyfada