Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe
It's light and fresh and everybody loves it. So help your eyes and skin to be healthy with this quick and easy carrot soup recipe!
- Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 onion melted in the mixer
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry
- 1 coffee cup sour cream or 1 tbsp yogurt
- 10 lemon verbena leaves, chopped
* salt and pepper
- Peel, wash ad finally chop the carrots leaving 4 aside.
- In a large saucepan add the olive oil, onion and chopped carrots. Saute well until all the oil in the pan is absorbed.
- Add 1.5 cup of water and let it boil for about 20 mins.
- Allow to cool and run them through the mixer until they melt into the puree. If the mixture is too thick add some more water.
- Add the curry and cumin.
- Add the sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup garnished with grated carrot, yogurt and sprinkle with a few lemon verbena leaves.
NOTE: If you wish to avoid the sour cream, replace it with 1 tablespoon of strained yogurt. Add it in a soup dish and mix gently.
Did you try out this easy soup recipe? Or do you have other tasty soup recipes to share with us? Let us know in the comments below! And do not forget to check out our other recipes to find some inspiration for your next meal.
Holmes Place Team