How to take care of mature skin in your 40s, 50s and 60s?
What processes occur in our body as we age, and how can we stop them – these are the most frequent questions not only in mature age, but also with younger women who are increasingly proactive about their future appearance.
Let's start with what changes take place in our skin with the passage of time:
- First and foremost the content of collagen and elastin in the skin decreases. These substances serve as a kind of scaffolding, they are responsible for making the skin firm and elastic.
- Another problem is the reduced volume of hyaluronic acid, responsible for retaining water in the dermis. Its low content results in the appearance of wrinkles not only on the face, but also the neck and chest. Over time, elasticity of the skin decreases and it slowly loses its natural regenerative abilities.
- Regardless of the age, your skin also has to fight against its external enemies – alcohol and coffee when consumed in excessive amounts, drastic slimming treatments, cold and/or dry air, sunlight and stress.
Remember that apart from caring for the outer skin at home and in the SPA, the three main factors affecting your skin's condition are:
1.A balanced diet
Remember that our skin's condition in maturity is not just a matter of genes and cosmetics, but also how we treated it and fed it throughout our lives.
- Eat as many raw fruits and vegetables as possible
- Always go for unprocessed products
- Choose dark, whole-grain breads, rice, pasta
- Oxygenate yourself by enjoying sports or taking brisk walks (about 30 min 3 x a week)
- Sleep well – eight hours of sleep is necessary to restore the skin’s power of self-regeneration
Beyond 40 years of age, vitamins B6, A, C and E, and collagen are considered the best for skin conditioning. After 50, apply strong anti-wrinkle creams, and over 60, remember to use formulas containing Shea butter, collagen, vitamins, as well as plant extracts such as algae.
For mature skin, anti-aging treatments are recommended, meaning both treatments in beauty salons as well as home use of cosmetic formulas for advanced skin care, focusing on the previously mentioned active stimulation of collagen and elastin for self-renewal. These will provide comprehensive care to improve your skin condition.
Keep good a balance between a healthy lifestyle, a balanced diet, supplementation and body treatments at the Spa, and your skin will reward you with beautiful appearance. If you have questions about your skin and how to care for it, ask our specialists.
Spa For You at Holmes Place, Poland