Healthy (sugar-free) Easter Treats
Healthy (sugar-free) Easter Treats may not always be easy to find. Easter is here once again, and with this special celebration usually comes a huge amount of treats, candy and sweets with the power to take the diet off the plate. Most importantly they can become a real damage to our health, as the excess intake of sugar is - ever more evidently – harmful. To enjoy the celebrations with a healthy twist we have gathered some suggestions that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. Plus, they are also fun recipes that can be done with the kids, offering a good change for some family quality time.
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
2 cups raw almonds
1 egg white
1-tablespoon powder cinnamon
¼ teaspoon powder nutmeg
A pinch of salt
1-teaspoon of cold water
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix the egg white and water until frothy in a deep mixing bowl.
- Add the almonds and stir.
- Sprinkle in the nutmeg, salt and cinnamon.
-With the help of your kids stir until all the almonds are well coated and spread them in a baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour stirring every 20 minutes.
3 cups of unsalted hazelnuts
100g dairy free dark chocolate, melted
1 tbsp vanilla extract
½ tbsp sea salt
Maple syrup (optional)
- Roast the unsalted hazelnuts in the oven for about 15/20 minutes, until they are golden and the skins loosen.
- Allow them to cool before removing the skins.
- Blend them to a paste then mix in the melted dairy free dark chocolate.
- Add the vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Blend once more and dependent on taste, add extra sweetener a drop of maple syrup.