Ultimate Cleaning Tips
Women’s health and beauty articles often address ways you can detox and cleanse your body of less-than-wholesome foods, like those 3 slices of pizza you ate two days ago. But women’s health and beauty is a result of physical fitness and whole-health wellness. Starving yourself isn’t a detox recipe that’s good for your body, and you don’t have to fast or spend a day juicing to get the advantages of a good detox.
Dietary Health is a Lifestyle Choice
The best detox in the world is one in which you follow a few dietary rules every day. For example:
• Eat whole foods and organic foods. Food processing has led to our dietary downfall, so try to restrict your diet to foods in their “natural” state. Free-range chickens, cage-free eggs and grains, beans, and nuts that are just naturally gluten-free can contribute to overall wellness and a reduction of the chemicals used in food processing.
• Reduce or eliminate addictive foods like gluten, caffeine, and sugar. You may “crave” these foods, but they aren’t very good for your digestive system. When you make the switch to natural and organic foods, your body will re-learn its cravings; you’ll desire healthier foods.
• Hydrate every day. Flavor your filtered water with lemons, cucumbers, or fresh fruits and drink lots of it every day. This cleans your body of toxins like nothing else, and it’s great for your skin!
Some women swear by a weekly or bi-weekly juicing or detox day, and it’s okay to jump-start your metabolism and boost body cleansing with a one-day detox. Remember, a one-day detox is not a substitute for daily healthier eating and better dietary choices, but it goes a long way toward absolving your guilt as a result of a cookie bender! Here are some one-day diets that are tastefully healthier:
These ingredients will reduce cravings and promote dietary cleansing. Blend for breakfast and late afternoon drinks:
• 2 cups cold water
• 7 cups spinach
• 6 cups romaine
• 1½ cups celery
• 1 apple
• 1 pear
• 1 banana
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1-Meal Veggies & Dip
As you drink water and green tea throughout the day, plan an afternoon meal of veggies with this dip. Blend until smooth:
• 2/3 cup unsweetened yogurt, coconut- or almond-flavored
• 1/3 cup pine nuts
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast
• 2 Tbsp. minced onions
• 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
• 1 Tbsp. fresh dill
• 2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
Soup & Salad
Try this one-day soup recipe and a side salad of your favorite veggies:
• 2 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth + 2 cups
• ½ cup diced onion
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 1 chopped carrot
• 3 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
• ¼ cup tomato paste
• 1/3 cup basil leaves
• 1½ cups unsweetened almond, coconut, or cashew milk
• 2 bay leaves
• Salt, pepper to taste
Your Recipe for Wellness
Holmes Place creates fitness programs to help you maximize your body’s efficiency while incorporating healthier mind/body habits into your lifestyle. That’s why we share health and beauty tips that can aid you in attaining whole-body wellness.