Full-Body Workout to get you ready for summer
By now, you most definitely have a holiday planned to get the most of those warm days we all were longing for. If you’re a late planner and you haven’t booked your vacations still, that’s fine too. These exercises will help you achieve a common desire for this time of the year: toning up for summer. Or, as you might want to put it, get a beach-body shape quicker.
We’re advocates of the saying: summer bodies are made during winter. But this workout will make you want to get your swimming suit or bikini of the closet and get ready to use it in grand fashion this summer, after complete our workout for summer plan.
How to perform them:
• Lay down a gym mat or a low platform.
• Take a wide, low leap over it by bending into one leg and pushing off sideways, leading with the opposite leg. Swing your arms strongly in the direction you’re jumping and land solid with the toes and knee aligned.
• Repeat on the other side – 20 reps.
V-Ups or Jack-knife
How to perform them:
• Lie on the mat, with your lower back pressed into the ground. Extend your arms straight back behind your head with your legs extended. This will be your starting position.
• As you exhale, engage and squeeze up through your abdominal muscles while you raise your legs and extend arms to meet in a jack-knife position. Your upper torso should be off the floor and your arms should be parallel to your legs.
• Inhale while lowering your arms and legs back to the starting position. 20 reps.
Single Leg Glute Brigde
How to perform it:
• Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor near your glutes and hip-width apart.
• Brace your abs while keeping your knees in line as you extend one leg. Drive the heel of the other foot into the floor.
• Exhale as you squeeze your glutes and push your hips towards the ceiling as high as you can go. Pause, then lower your leg until your glutes hovers just above the floor.
• Repeat without touching the ground. 15-20 reps.
Farmers Walk (on toes)
How to perform this exercise:
• Hold your dumbbells at your side at arms length.
• Raise your heels and walk like that forward (on a circle) for about a minute.
• And that’s one set. Simple, right? Repeat 3 times.
Dumbbell Skier Swing
How to make it:
• Hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides and stand with your feet hip-width apart.
• Push your hips back as you bring the weights behind you, arms extended away from your body but not to high.
• Quickly thrust your hips forward and swing the dumbbells back to shoulder height. That’s one rep.
• Return to starting position and continue with fluid movements.
To help get even better results, enrol on one of our Xpress Classes at Holmes Place: 15 minute’s classes that are fast, fun and effective. They’re the perfect classes to combine with this workout.