Warm up routine on the slope
A proper warm-up not only prepares the muscles and joints for the effort, but is also an effective method of preventing injury.
Few words about safety:
Warm-up can be performed both at the bottom or on top of the slope. However, be aware of the basic safety rules:
▪ Find a place on the sidelines, clear of other skiers' routes,
▪ The slope in the chosen place should be reasonably flat,
▪ Your skis and sticks should all be in one visible place, placed across the slope.
1. LEG MUSCLES WARM-UP – general warm-up: dynamic, alternating knee lifting, 3 sets of 10 reps per leg, left and right
2. BODY TWISTS (BODY AND ARMS MUSCLES WARM-UP) – deep torso twists with rollbacks next to a wall at arm's reach, feet should stay still, 2 sets of 10 reps on the left and right side
3. LEG MUSCLES, QUADRICEPS WARM-UP – stretching: stride forward with a short stop, left leg 10 reps, leg right 10 reps
4. ARMS, BACK WARM-UP – stretching: deep leans to the side with a short stop, arms above head, 2 sets of 8 reps for each side
5. LEG MUSCLES, BICEPS WARM-UP – stretching: end of the ski stuck in the snow in front of you, deep leans towards the ski, short stop, 5 reps per leg
For more information how to prepare for the ski season, please contact our Personal Trainer.
Holmes Place Hotel Hilton, Poland