Recipe for a healthy Chocolate Sponge Cakes
They are a great idea for a quick and healthy Christmas cakes. They are easy to prepare and versatile as you can easily modify some of the ingredients. Though remember to keep it healthy! This recipe is for 20 cakes and it takes approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy your natural chocolate sponge cakes.
- ½ cup of spelt flour
- ½ cup of mashed up oatmeal
- ½ cup of dark cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 3 tsp raspberry honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup apple puree
- 1/3 cup natural yogurt
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- up to 1/3 cup soy milk to achieve required consistency
- coconut powder
1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (without soy milk).
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix them together to make it one consistency by adding soy milk.
*It is better to achieve thick batter.
5. Place small balls of batter on a baking paper.
6. Bake it at 180C for 10 minutes. Check when pressed with the fingertips it should go back as a sponge.
7. You can put some coconut powder for decoration. Enjoy!
Do you know some other healthy recipes for Christmas cookies? Let us know in comments below and share your idea.
Holmes Place Team
Source of inspiration: http://www.includingcake.com/recipes/?recipe_id=6036744